Alarms that can be raised against a VMware connection
- VMware - Memory Repossessed alarm
- VMware - Virtual Machine Heartbeat alarm
- VMware - Virtual Overhead alarm
- Monitored Server - VMware Alarm Action Failure alarm
- Monitored Server - VMware Alarm Evaluation Failure alarm
- Monitored Server - VMware Collection Execution Failure alarm
- Monitored Server - VMware Connection Failure alarm
- Monitored Server - VMware Planned Outage alarm
How to acknowledge an alarm
If an alarm is configured to require acknowledgment then each raised instance of the alarm remains present in Spotlight until it is acknowledged.
- Acknowledge alarms in Spotlight Cloud Mobile
- Acknowledge alarms in Spotlight Enterprise
- Alarms FAQ on the Spotlight Cloud web site
How to snooze an alarm
To snooze an alarm is to temporarily remove the visual alert associated with an alarm.
How to configure an alarm
See Configure Alarms to set the thresholds and severities that determine when an alarm is raised. Disable an alarm. Set an alarm to require acknowledgment. Configure keyed alarms. Collect additional diagnostic information on an alarm.
See Configure Alarm Actions to setup actions for Spotlight to take when an alarm is raised. The actions Spotlight can take include running a program and sending an email. Conditions on taking the action can be defined, such as the day of the week, the time of day, the severity of the alarm, the alarm type and the connection type.