This alarm becomes active when this SQL Server supporting service is installed but not active.Edit me
Services currently monitored are:
- SQL Server Agent (SQLServerAgent) service.
- Distributed Transaction Coordinator (MSDTC) service.
- Microsoft OLAP/Analysis (MSSQLServerOLAPService) service.
- Full-Text Search (Microsoft Search) service.
- The SQL Server Integration service.
- The SQL Server Reporting service.
When this alarm is current:
- Check the SQL Server | Support Services drilldown | Service Status page to see the status of all known SQL Server support services.
- Review messages in the SQL Server | Error Log drilldown to determine the reason the service is not running.
- Restart the affected service if necessary. Right click the service in the SQL Server | Support Services drilldown | Service Status page | Service Status grid.